CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today, I am 30!

So what exactly the big deal about turning 30? Everyone I know says they struggled with it. All I can come with is that I am grateful to be alive. Grateful to be able to look back on 30 years and celebrate it with family and friends. Grateful for what each year and experience has brought into my life. Grateful for how those experiences have shaped me spiritually. I have grown nearer to my Father in Heaven and if anything this 'big' birthday has caused me to reflect on my spirituality and where I hope to grow more and how. How can I serve more and how I can be more like my Savior this year? Never before in my life has a birthday or any personal special occasion for that matter, evoked these emotions or thoughts so strongly. I reflected on how grateful I am for "having been born of goodly parents, who love the Lord" and who have taught me that, most importantly through their examples. I had renewed sense of devotion to being a better mom and wife, but also to being a better example to my brothers. I have a strong desire to share the gospel and strive to be a better missionary. Sounds crazy and far-fetched, but believe it or not, this is what I have been pondering as my birthday approached and finally arrived. The gospel truly changes people and I testify of it. I know it's true. I know my Savior lives. I thank him for all things that have been made possible in my life and are possible. I am humbled by my blessings and the knowledge I have gained. So, though I'm not rich with the those riches of the world, I can say I am successful, after all I have a husband and children who are healthy and sealed me to for time and all eternity. I am working on my second bachelor's degree. I have a family who loves and supports me. I have wonderful friends and a great ward family. I have my health. I have food storage! This reduces a lot of anxiety for me. I am thankful on this day, my 30th birthday, to be alive and well. To have the gospel in my life and to love and be loved!

No comments: