CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm slacking

I have been slacking on writing. It's been a busy couple of days, but mostly just laziness has set in. It's no wonder it's a sin! Last night we took Siona to a baptism. We are trying to prep her for her turn, which is fast approaching (next year). It's amazing how quickly time goes by. Is the world spinning faster? I don't know, but it really does seem that time moves quicker and quicker each year.

The girls are getting so big and so rowdy. Some days I just can't handle all the giggling or the fighting. There is just no in between. They are either giggling uncontrollably or fighting.

Dear sweet Ally, my all to smart-for-her-own-good child, said to me, "Mom what do you do at your work?" I replied that I don't work and my job was to take care of her and her sisters. Her answer to this was, "That's it! That's all you do is watch us and make us go to sleep?" Someday I hope that she will understand the importance of being a mother and understand that the burdens of the job go beyond watching children and putting them to bed.

It made me realize how important my job as a mother and wife are. In that moment, I thought to myself that I need to teach my children that importance. I love being home with my children and doing for them all that I can do.

Today is Superbowl Sunday and though our team (The Steelers) didn't make it to the Superbowl, my dad is watching and talking/yelling at the tv. This is always more entertaining than the game itself.

After a long day, I am ready to have dinner and turn in early. I think the kids could use an early bedtime, as they are currently fighting and whining. It's 6:30. Dinner. 7:30 BEDTIME!

No comments: